The Minister of Industry, Tourism and Trade, Miguel Sebastian, last March 22, 2011 presented in New York Plan balance Made in / by Spain in America, launched in March 2009. The Plan has served to open and build a new stage in economic and trade relations between Spain and the largest economy in the world, in a climate of friendship and trust to be maintained and strengthened. Whose ultimate goal was to improve the perception that the U.S. had on the Spanish economy and technological development of companies and products in our marketplace.
One of the great achievements of this project has been the succeed in corporate support in every initiative taken. The Result has been the implementation of Spain Business Forum (SBF), an alliance of Spanish companies with interests in the United States, segmented by sector, used to share strategies and experiences in a highly competitive market.
This initiative has been reflected in the Internet and social networking with the creation of a shared virtual forum SBF enterprises which have already been discharged from 283 companies with U.S. interests and maintaining an effective communication between them.
The coordination of the five Spanish economic and trade offices in the U.S. aim to end in 2012, there is not a single American state that has not been visited by any Spanish director or senior to show the offer of our country and improve the perception we have of our economy and our products.
• The U.S. is the first destination of Spanish exports and investments outside the EU.
• 90 Spanish companies won tenders for more than 10,000 million euros during two years.
• During the two year Plan, 66 Spanish companies have invested in the U.S..
• More than 2,650 Spanish companies have participated in the Plan Made in / by.
• The Business Forum Spain becomes a permanent forum for Spanish companies in the U.S.
• Next year SBF will try to set the forum in all over the United States.